Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Flapper

I'm supposed to be sleeping but I'm waiting for the clock to strike 9. (PHT/GMT +8)
There's this #9pmhabit I occasionally join on Instagram. It's where Filipinos around the globe post photos with a specific theme (the moderators give the theme for the day) at this time (9:00pm PHT).
I'm gonna send an entry tonight cause the theme is #roadsnaps. Hihi :)

Okay, enough about instagram. Haha :D


So what is a Flapper? Do you have any idea what it is?
I never knew what it was until, I think, I read Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella.
Thank goodness I love reading books. Haha :D

According to Wikipedia...
Flapper in the 1920s was a term applied to a "new breed" of young Western women who wore short skirts, bobbed their hair, listened to jazz, and flaunted their disdain for what was then considered acceptable behavior. Flappers were seen as brash for wearing excessive makeup, drinking, treating sex in a casual manner, smoking, driving automobiles and otherwise flouting social and sexual norms.

Here are some photos of Flappers (also from Wikipedia):

I like their outfits but I honestly don't think I can wear them. I feel too fat to wear those. Hahaha :D
Click this link to go straight to Wikipedia's article on 1920's fashion :)
(Wikipedia is one of the websites that I love.)

And finally, the doll that inspired me to make this post.. My Flapper Barbie from when I was 2 or 3 years old :)


I'm really thankful my mom taught me to take care of my things. I'm 21 now but I still have most of my toys kept. It's actually nice to be able to play a bit with your old toys and for a moment feel like a little girl again.




Oh and I've already submitted my entry for the #9pmhabit. Hahaha. So this really is goodnight already. :)


Magandang gabi. Goodnight. おやすみなさい。 Gute Nacht

2 comments: