Thursday, September 15, 2011

Headbands

According again to Wikipedia...

A headband is a clothing accessory worn in the hair or around the forehead, usually to hold hair away from the face or eyes. Headbands generally consist of a loop of elastic material or a horseshoe-shaped piece of flexible plastic or metal. They come in assorted shapes and sizes and are used for both practical and fashion purposes.
Horseshoe-shaped headbands are sometimes called Alice bands after the headbands that Alice is often depicted wearing in Through the Looking-Glass.

So who loves headbands? *raises hand* I do!!! :D

And here are some reasons why I love headbands:

1. They do keep hair away from the face/eyes.
See! It helps make sewing easier! :)

2. When you're having a bad hair day, but you don't want to tie your hair up, just wear a headband. Trust me, it makes your ugly hair less obvious. So yeah, when you see me wearing a headband, you know the reason why. Hahaha :D

3. Also when you're wearing a simple outfit but you're not in the mood to wear accessories like bracelets, etc., when you wear a headband, it makes your look more interesting. Hence wear a headband to avoid having a boring look. Usually when I go out, I like wearing just jeans, shirt, flats & a headband. :)

4. When I wear a headband (my super close friends know this), I feel like a princess wearing a tiara. Hahaha. Funny, right? But that's true! I think every girl would love to wear a tiara. But try wearing one and walk in the streets here. You'd look stupid. Hahahaha. So the next best thing to a tiara is a headband.:)

Look at Blair Waldorf. She always wears headbands. I don't know her reasons but I think you'd agree that she looks super pretty! Btw, I got these pictures from Google Images :)





I love her headbands but I can't wear some of them. I think they attract too much attention & that you have to be really, REALLY pretty to pull them off. Haha. As for me, here are some of the headbands I can pull off:





I love them all but they make my head (the part behind the ears) ache :(
But I still wear them though! Haha :D

This is where my *cough* creativity comes in. Remember the ribbons I arranged yesterday?

You know those kinds of headbands that don't require plastic or metal? :)
*this pic is from Wikipedia again


I decided to make one! :D but actually, I was able to make 2 before lunch. Hehe :)

So for materials, you'll need:
*ribbons
*needle, black thread, garter (at most 1/2 inch wide) & black bias tape
*scissors


Okay. First, measure the garter & ribbon you're gonna use.
 Don't forget to put allowances!
Then sew the garter onto the ribbon you chose.
 
 Then use the bias tape to cover the joint of the ribbon & garter.
 Make little stitches so that it's barely noticeable.
 And voila! A new headband. Hihi :)
 It also helps to listen to music while working. :)
 Right now, I'm loving Adele. Download her album! :)
 Ribbons with holes let you use a secondary ribbon.
 Just insert the ribbon through the holes.
 Then just repeat the steps above!
 And I've got 2 new headbands before lunch! Hihi :)

Can't wait to go out and wear them. Hihihihi :)




1 comment: